lichess.org
Donate

Elo 1900 vs 2000

Those 0/0/0 games are not that uncommon, especially in dry, boring positions where a great variety of moves are acceptable. You cannot prove someone has cheated based on a single "perfect" game.

I think a player makes himself *suspect* (read: not guilty per se) if s/he plays "perfect" games with great consistency. With "great consistency" I mean s/he manages to play flawlessly game after game after game...

On a side note, it is indeed very easy to play "perfect" games against an opponent who is much weaker. Any GM *could* most likely play (nearly) flawless games 90% of the time against me, for example. Likewise, I *could* play (nearly) flawless games against a 1300 player 90% of the time (I hope).

The game #9 posted is of higher quality than most games played between top GM's today, save for the fact it was a blitz game. Both sides played very accurate in a fairly complex position. Now if you want to mark that LM as a *potential* cheater, just browse through his game history and see if he consistently manages to play at that level. Of course the fact that the LM drew against someone who is marked as a cheater adds to the LM's suspicion.

The rest is up to the mods.
But look at the centipawn losses of the black player: Its 2. 2!? Not even my Stockfish 6 on my intel Xeon rig can't get get that low. Its abnormal.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.